Key Welfare Contacts


Oxford can be a daunting place but there are many places where you can get assistance. Our
Welfare Officers are there to chat to and can help guide you to get the support you need.

Your Welfare Officers

Your welfare reps for 2016-17 are Charlotte Walker and Guy Brindley.

We have tried to list some essential contact numbers and addresses below, but if you are not sure where to start please contact us, your MCR Welfare Officers, and we will be able to point you in the right direction.

You can contact us on any welfare issue, whether it is related to your course, the college or a private matter.

College Welfare provision

New college members should receive a printed copy of the College Welfare Leaflet. It is intended as a convenient guide to the people who can help with welfare-related matters. More information can be found on the college website and a copy of the leaflet is on the notice board in the MCR.

University Welfare Provision

The University offers a range of services, as does the Oxford University Students’ Union (‘OUSU’).

Information on University resources can be found here.

Services and support offered by OUSU can be found here.

Access and Hardship

Graduates who find themselves in financial circumstances which might be considered unusually difficult may be eligible for some degree of financial support through Access and Hardship grants and/or loans. Application forms may be obtained from the Academic Office. The Committee usually meets in 3rd Week of each term, and most applications are considered at that time, although urgent applications may be considered separately.

The MCR Treasurer sits on this committee and recommends consultation with them in advance of submitting an application, in order that they might represent your case properly. All details are treated in the strictest of confidence.

College Advisor

Your college advisor is another port of call on any issue, particularly academic ones.

Useful Contact Information

  • In case of any real emergency call: 999
  • Thames Valley Police: 01865 266 000
  • The Porters’ Lodge: 01865 279 700
  • Junior Dean: 07590 807399
  • Welfare Officer / Chaplain: 01865 279757
  • Academic Director: